Monday, July 12, 2010

Freedom to be


Freedom is the absence of fear and doubt. I have often failed to choose a new direction even after the old way had proven unfulfilling and even miserable. I have been imprisoned by the thought that I am better off remaining in a familiar place than risking trying a new direction because of the potential to fail. I didn't seem to realize that my present suffering may have been familiar but it was no less undesirable than the possibilities I feared. At least with the new way comes new opportunities most of which would represent an improvement on my imprisonment. Freedom entered to release me from my self-imposed lock down and offered the opportunity for escape. Not only that, Freedom offered to show me the right way out and the only way in.


6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6) NIV










No comments:

Post a Comment