Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stay focused


Stay focused. Set your gaze on what is now and look forward to what is ahead. The past can be instructive. The principle of Sankofa tells us that looking back is important but it is purposeful in moving ahead, avoiding repeating the mistakes of the past. But don't get distracted by the nostalgia of the past or mesmerized by it. Quickly return to the present, applying the wisdom of the past and fully give yourself to the present as you press on toward the future God has promised.

10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:10-14) NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment